Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Week in Florence

Catherine,
Higher education or philosophical contacts could have a part in making good things happen. This is the perfect time for you to appreciate the beauty that surrounds you. You have much more going for you than you may realize. An impulse buy you make today could pay off as an asset down the road.


Perfect introduction to my post... This isn't going to be terribly long, but just to catch people up on my life so far.

-Rome was amazing. I could not believe that I was standing amidst thousands of years of history and culture.
-Florence is more beautiful than I imagined. Immediately I felt a sense of comfort being here. I will have no problem living here for four more weeks. (Can you believe I only have that much time left?)
-I've had Italian food for every meal since I got here.. until Tuesday when I had McDonald's at the train station. Whoops!
-My apartment is really nice, airy, sunny, and inspiring. If you want to see pictures, message me.
-There are gypsies all over. Everyone has learned to take caution with them and the crazy rude men who try to holler on the streets.
-I had gelato for the first time last night. On the walk home as I was furiously trying to eat it while it melted all over my hand, I tripped on the street and fell on my ass. In front of everyone.
-Don't blame me. All the streets and sidewalks here are made of cobblestone. There are plenty of loose stones, and it was bound to happen to one of us. How did I know it would be me?
-A bird flew at my face one afternoon. Italian pigeons are vicious.
-I have 2 mosquito bites.
-It's scorching hot over here. I am only presentable in the morning.
-Did I forget to mention that I saw the Colisseum, the Sistine Chapel, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa?

I miss boba. I miss my laptop. I miss all of you lovelies at home. Keep messaging me..

No comments: