Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's Raining in LA...

Your subconscious mind is bringing up strange and interesting ideas today. If you are a musician or artist it is a good day for kicking back and doing what you do best. You will be positively inspired right now, and your creativity is likely to get noticed.

As expected, this past week was one of the most tiring thus far. From now until finals week, I will be working 24 hours a week and only be getting paid for 4 of those hours. You would think with that, school, extracurriculars, and a hint at a social life, I'd be too burnt out to worry about other little things. But during that one hour that I keep for myself to relax and get ready for bed, my mind inevitably wanders.

My graduation pictures arrived at my house a couple days ago. Wearing that black cap and gown, even for five minutes, was weirder than I imagined. I can't believe I'm graduating in a few months. (Then again, I still can't believe I'm 21.)

I was always nervous to venture off campus and find a job in "real LA." Yet I think doing so and moving to an apartment away from school made the difference. I can finally see myself living and working here which, if you know me at all, is a complete turn from freshmen year. For a couple weeks in September, I was stressing myself out over graduation and what to do after college. I think since then I've tried to step back and just enjoy things. If you look back at any part of your life, I think you can agree that things move more quickly than we'd like them to. Unfortunately, we can't control time, so the best we can do is go along with the ride. And, as we all know, only our actions in the present determine what will happen in our future. As long as I feel like every thing I do (from school to work to going out with friends to enjoying a movie) is purposeful, I guess I have nothing to worry about.

I find myself making time to see people every week. I randomly text or e-mail my friends from home just because I'm thinking about them. I miss my family more, and when I was home in October I spent more time with them than usual. But if you haven't heard from me in a while, it's probably because I haven't heard from you either. So call.

It's November. Every weekend from now until Christmas break will be full of activities to balance out the daily grand that has become my life as a senior. Next week, formal. The week after that, our other sister visits. The week after that, LAS VEGAS... for my first legal trip there and a much needed vacation. Then, my week long celebration of Thanksgiving at HOME. Then the weekend before finals. And finally I can begin my Christmas festivities. And then in four months, I graduate from college....

1 comment:

JJ Casas (jcasasphotography.com) said...

graduation pictures?! pfft.. allow me to give you the jC photography treatment! hahah

and yea, is that your plan once youre out? you're gonna stay at LA? =/ well, if i had it my way later on in life, LA/NY is a good place photography wise... and im sure youll allow me to stay in a few nights if i had interviews and such hehe

but yes i definitely cant believe people around me are graduating.. the class im suppose to be with im still amazed that they're going to graduate sometime soon... so that's quite a feat in itself and for you especially im happy to hear you later on telling me all the exciting things going on post graduation. [even if theyre not exciting, tell me anyways haha]

i definitely cant wait for thanksgiving break and christmas break. itll be much deserved for sure.

-jj