Monday, March 23, 2009

Your Vehicle Is Illegally Parked.


Photo Credit: PostSecret.com


For the first time since I was 17 (that time was on Irving for an abandoned parking meter), I got a parking ticket. There is a two-hour limit, and I had left my car from 9 AM to 2 PM. Surprisingly, I was not angry or upset when I saw the god-forsaken piece of paper waiting for me on my windshield. Maybe because I knew I had it coming, and maybe I was glad it was a ticket and not a tow.

I drove down the block to my usual lunch place and decided to eat-in today so I could avoid having my car on that street for a while. A man on crutches and his parents walked in about ten minutes after I sat down. While I was eating, I felt him look at me and assumed it was because I was eating by myself. (This eating alone thing was a first for me today, and I must say I am not a fan.) When I finished my meal and paid the check, I glanced over at their table and realized I'd seen that man before.

Last week after I picked up lunch, I backed out of a parking spot in a tight alley and stopped an inch before an illegally parked car behind me. Right after I stopped, I heard a guy yell "Hey!" I opened my window and told him that I had seen the car, and please notice that I stopped. He said "Okay. You came this close" and proceeded to give me this smile that probably meant "You're an idiot. Learn how to drive." I was heated as I drove away and wished evil on him and his vehicle.

Looks like The Secret works after all.

Oh, and I came online to pay my $50 of civil duty only to find out that my citation won't be in the system until 2-5 days after it was received. If you're going to give me a ticket, I beg of you to let me pay for it and move on with my life within 12 hours.

So, to you, Officer ***, I wish you a lifetime of paper cuts.

No comments: