Sunday, January 11, 2009

Taken For Granted


Photo By: Nylon Blogs

A recent post on Nylon Blogs featured this image of interesting street art. It reminded me of the chalk drawings I used to walk by every afternoon on my way to the Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Artists would be on their hands and knees for hours, perfecting religious images and art inspired by famous paintings from the Renaissance, in vain as every night the images would be washed away by street cleaners. I can't remember if I ever took photos of them, but the post made me sad about the possibility that I really only have the memory of them.

Then again, I am lucky that I will always have the memory of them... and everything else that happened that wonderful summer in Italy.

1 comment:

JJ Casas (jcasasphotography.com) said...

that's why you gotta keep a camera with you all the time! that's part of my goal--bringing a camera along every day just in case.

and oh, about following you for your bday: ill try and see how it goes this semester to make it out for your grad since that's around the same time, yea? =D